Monday, July 24, 2006

Sandeezy Zoo....a friggin broiler

I went to the San Diego Zoo this past Saturday for Brian's work luncheon. We played tennis in the morning and basically basting in our own sweat. It was pretty gross. We were both glistening and dripping. Stupid idea to shower after tennis because about 10 minutes after we entered the park, we were just as sweaty. Food was mediocre....hotdogs or sloppy joe's....bleh. But it was alright since we were both pretty hungry.

It felt like a chore sitting under what little shade that the umbrellas provided....eating a 3rd rate lunch....losing more fluid than I was putting in.

It got better once we got on the Skyfari. I believe we were on it 3 times or so. It was the best thing that we did there...cooled us off nicely.

I'd have to say that the polar bears were the most fun to watch. I felt bad for them though....hanging out in a winter coat in the dead of summer.

It was so nice to get back in the car....I love AC!

No comments: