Monday, April 08, 2013

Busy Monday Morning

I woke up today at 4:30 am to pump and leave for SD. I dropped Rhys off at his Grandparent's in Camarillo for the week. I'll be seeing him this Thursday. Good thing he's not with me right now because I came down with a cold today. I was feeling quite stuffy in the nose yesterday afternoon and kinda had a feeling that my body wasn't 100%. I think I may have overdone it with a hike at Griffith Park and a trip to Costco...all while carrying Rhys on my back and on my front, respectively. I think I hiked for a good hour. I was feeling actually quite accomplished that I did so much with a baby on my back...but around 4 in the afternoon that day, I realized that I lost my driver's license. I put it in the zipper pocket of my Ergobaby carrier on Friday when I went for my 1st hike with Rhys...but on Sunday, I also put my phone in there and when I went from behind to grab my phone out of the pocket, I imagine that's when the license fell out without me knowing. I looked high and low for it, but it was nowhere to be found. I think that was a bummer and all that searching probably stressed me out a bit too. What was worse was that I had to drive an hour in LA traffic (come on...traffic on a Sunday?!?) to drop Rhys off in Camarillo. Luckily Rhys fell asleep and stayed asleep throughout the whole trip. So around 7:45 pm, I drive back down to LA, pump and begin to pack my belongings to head back to SD. I was going to take a short nap and then just decided that I would wake up early on Monday morning. So I get in bed around 10:45 and ask my mom to wake me up at 11:30 so I can pump again and then went right back to sleep. Luckily the drive back down to SD was fairly easy. I arrive in SD around 7 am and frantically look for my passport thinking that I would need some form of alternative identification...but darn it...I can't find it. So I head over to the Poway DMV, ready to be sent back home without proper alt id, but apparently a fingerprint is more proof of identification than a picture! That makes sense. So around 8:30, I get outta there and decide to deposit some money at the bank. But poo...the bank doesn't open til 9 am. So I sit in my car for 30 mins until it opens and then deposit money. Then I was off to Trader Joe's to hopefully buy some veggies and fruit to make food for Rhys, but there isn't that much of a selection there today. I come home, PUMP, eat lunch, and decide to take a nap. I think this is where my cold really decided to kick itself in. I couldn't sleep for the first half hour because I couldn't stop this throat-itching cough. My feet were also unusually cold. I just couldn't warm them up. Woke up at 3 pm to feed the dogs a little early cuz I couldn't stand Julian whining at me...and then pumped again. So here I am...settling back down in bed to start studying before Brian gets home at 7 pm. Sometimes I feel like I don't do anything because I'm not working...but sometimes I think I'm pretty darn busy. I often think if I'm making more work for myself by insisting on continuing to breastfeed until a year, but at the same time, since Rhys was a preemie, I feel like he should get the best nutrition that he can get from me. I'm religiously taking my prenatals still and trying to eat healthy. I just wish this weight would come off!!! 7 months and I've still lost none of my pregnancy weight besides what I lost in the 1st month after delivering. I saw myself on video that my mom took of me changing Rhys' diaper and I was like..."Woah! Who is that chubby lady that sounds like me?!" Camera adds 10 lbs and I can't afford to look another 10 lbs heavier. I also found myself fibbing a little on my driver's license renewal form. I said that I was about 8 lbs lighter than I really am cuz I just couldn't bring myself to putting down my actual weight. Hopefully in the future I'll look at my license and go, "wow...I can't believe I weighed that much back then!". For now, I'm just gonna sit in bed and try to get some studying down.


Rhys with Big Gomo.



1 comment:

Carol said...

Hey Sanders. Man, just reading about your day/night just made ME really stressed out. I hope the rest of your week is going well? And don't forget to pamper yourself every once in a while! Sending good vibes your way.

Love your sis~