Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hanging out with Dad

I took my mom to the airport last night for her flight to Korea. She is headed there for my cousin's wedding and also as a religious ambassador for my aunt who is fighting colon cancer. She will be there on a 10-day trip. I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly and she has a great time and returns home safely. So today is day one of a mom-less world. I woke up at 7 in the morning and usually I would saunter over to the living room to see what my dad was cooking up for breakfast...but today...no one... I figured that without mom to relieve me of my baby caring duties, I would probably not be able to shower unless I did it before Rhys woke up. So I took my tablet and turned on the baby monitor and went into the shower with my door open a crack so I could check up on Rhys. He luckily stayed asleep the whole time I showered and got ready. He slept for a good hour after I got out of the shower. I had time to clean my mom's makeup counter and start heating up water so I could have a little oatmeal. Rhys and I played and then napped around 11 am. I was a lot more tired because it was just me taking care of him, so I decided to take a mid-morning nap with Rhys as well. We slept for about 2 hours and then headed over to dad's store to eat lunch with him and hang out with him. Rhys played really well with the customers, especially this big black lady who called Rhys a "healer". She had ginormous boobs and Rhys was patting them...probably thinking about all the milk that could be in this set compared to mine.

The next day...

I woke up again to an empty house...well Rhys was with me of course. I really started to miss mom today. I didn't realize how lonely it is without her. Well Rhys was a bit cranky this morning cuz he decided he wanted to wake up EVERY HOUR last night. Sigh... I punched the bed because I was so tired of waking up and putting Rhys back to sleep. Anyways...since he was cranky and needy in the morning, I just ate some eggs that I hard-boiled the day before. To sum up my morning...Rhys slept for only 30 minutes and wanted to be held by me the whole time. I decided that I couldn't spend the whole day with him in a cruddy mood, so I made some omrice and headed to dad's store. Dad gobbled up my lunch that I made for him and I saved him $10! Rhys is quite the socializer. He was happy as clam once we were out and about. We took a stroll around the block and I got some coffee from Tom Tom's or whatever. I had him in the front carrier and walked around the store and next door to the cafe where dad tried to get us some free drinks...fail...haha.

I got Rhys to sleep another 20 minutes around 4 ish when I took a stroll, but that was it...no more naps until 6:30 pm when we went home. That's when he decided he was gonna go to bed for the night. That gave me and my dad time to enjoy a nice and quiet dinner. We had an el pollo loco-like dinner...but this place is Korean so they gave us the sweet pickled radishes! Yay! (....Rhys is fidgeting.....please go back to sleeeeeeeep....)

I think I will stay in LA until Saturday morning if Dad doesn't have any plans for dinner without me. I should keep the man company since he will be alone for a week without anyone at home. Poor daddy. He fell asleep earlier this evening with hair dye still in his hair. I had to wake him up twice before he got up and showered. Love my dad. He sleeps so early...hehe.

No comments: