Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanksgiving Weekend



I think I took this photo around 3:30 pm yesterday on my way to the gym. I heard leaves swishing and swashing in the wind and the palm trees looked like they were gonna break in half. Well...it wasn't that bad. And it was in a way, refreshing. Granted I was shocked more due to the increase in static...it was nice. It however, made for a very cooold night. brrrrr...

I don't have any pics of us gorging on the turkey, but it was a pretty good meal. We ate it for dinner and breakfast. My mom, however, made it last a lot longer. She was actually still eating Thanksgiving turkey last night!...hehehe

Let's see...oh yes, I did a lot of knitting and "frogging". Frogging is when you rip your work because you made a mistake that can't be repaired with a crochet hook. I was pissed off when I realized that I had to frog my work. Bleh. I think I actually stopped knitting at 3 in the morning. But I am glad to say that I fixed my mistake...here is a picture of the sock.

...so far. It's pretty big huh...

So Friday, Irene came over to visit me. We went shopping in Arcadia and ate at the Cuban Bistro in Alhambra. We had the garlic chicken with tangy orange marinade. It was pretty good! I especially liked the beans and rice. The black beans were embedded on top of the rice...it didn't look appetizing, but it sure was yummy. It was a good night. It was so cute how she told me that Alhambra seemed like a different country...hehehe =)



This is Irene and I at the Cuban Bistro. It looks like that plastic bag handle is grabbing my sweater..

Oh yes! Irene bought me some yummy Caramel Apples!! It was covered with caramel, white chocolate, and brown sugar...mmmmmmm






Today I went to visit Grace at her place. We had lunch at the yummy Olive Garden. We shared the Chicken Marsala and the Tour of Italy. It was all very yummerific!! I liked sharing our food because I was able to taste more food! We then went shopping...well I did more window shopping, but we walked and talked and got to catch up on things since I hadn't seen her for about 3 years! I couldn't believe how close I actually lived to her and we didn't meet for so long! Well I'm glad that I am meeting old friends again. Hi Grace! Thanks for a great day!! Here are a couple of pics...



My hair is doing a weird static shock thing in the second pic.... gay

No comments: