Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Almost 34 weeks

So I'm a couple days from becoming 34 weeks pregnant. That's about 8.5 months along. I feel more and more like a big balloon, waddling my way here and there. Brian says that these days my waddle has gotten quite prominent, especially in the mornings. As I waddle into the kitchen to get some water in the morning, Brian says "waddle waddle waddle." I went shopping yesterday, thinking that I would be fine walking around a mall for 3 hours. I was being passed left and right by walkers who I normally would have passed with ease before pregnancy. I bought 4 maxi dresses because I figure that it's too hot for pants and since I can't fit into my prego jeans anymore, why not opt for some nice flowy dresses! I went to Macy's to start my search for these dresses. I found a really pretty dress that was black and purple, but it was a petite size and came above my ankles. I was really debating whether I should just get the dress and deal with the shortness of it. Luckily I kept walking and came across the Plus size section and there it was! The same dress, but in bigger sizes! I picked the smallest size which was a 0X and it fit perfectly! The dress came down to my ankles so it was an easy decision to purchase it. The retail price for the dress was $99.50. I thought it was funny because it was $10 more than the petite dress. I imagine they take into account the extra fabric it takes to make the dress... who knows... Anywhoo, I went up to buy the dress and the cashier lady told me that the dress was $35 dollars!! Apparently the dress was on sale for 65% off! I checked the petite and the normal sized dresses and those were NOT on sale! I was pretty glad that I checked the Plus size section cuz I ended up with a bargain!


















The only bad thing was that I went to the Motherhood store afterwards and bought two more maxi dresses.

 

 I didn't like the orange rope that came with the dress so I found a black sash I had lying around from another maternity top and used that instead. Then I found this other dress that was on sale...so I had to buy it as well....

Mind you, I won't be wearing any of these cute shoes that the lovely models have on with their dresses. I will be wearing my trusty flip flops. I literally can't fit in anything besides my flip flops. Well, I exaggerate. I can fit into my tennis shoes, but only because I have let out the laces. When I have it on, I look at my feet and to be honest, they don't look like my feet. They look like a fat woman's feet, or even a fat man's feet! sigh.

So, after my three hours at the mall, my feet were in quite a bit of pain. I found brief relief while driving home, but that soon ended as we went to the Food Truck Night thing at Mira Mesa High School. That was another hour and half of standing. Food was good, but definitely not nutritious. I blame my SUPER bloatedness to yesterday's bbq pork and mac and cheese sandwhich as well as the creamy crabcake sandwich and roasted garlic fries. I can hardly make a fist with either hand.

6 more weeks!! Ugh...the last 2 weeks went by sooooo slowly. How will I wait 6 more weeks!?!?!

1 comment:

your sis said...

Hey good job on that deal! Don't you just love discounts when you least expect it?? anyway, i'm listening to all the things you ate... what happened to healthy eating? be careful seester! Just looking out for you, you know i love ya.