Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Not nesting but Knitting


As of Monday morning, I started knitting. This red and green newborn knit hat is my first project. Brian thinks it's pretty hilarious how it fits so perfectly on the koala's head. I was actually quite surprised too, but it does look like the size of a newborn's head. After I finished, I realized that the color was a little too dark for a newborn so I drove myself to Joann's to look for some baby colors. I ended up buying close to $40 worth of yarn! I bought yellow, lanvender, white, minty green, orange and black (for halloween), and a couple multicolored ones. I am currently working on a yellow and lavender knit hat. The brim is yellow and the top is lavendar. I almost gave myself a headache while knitting it, but I stopped in time last night. I either keep Julie and Julia or one of the Harry Potter movies on in the background when I am knitting. I believe that I've watched Julie and Julia probably over 100 times by now. But for some reason, it never gets old! I can always count on that movie to pick me back up again. It used to be You've Got Mail or Sleepless in Seattle, but these days, this movie is by far my most favorite. A close second is the movie "It's Complicated", but that's only because Meryl Streep is in it. I think she is my favorite female actor out there. I think I like her as Julia Child better than the actual Julia Child. I find myself watching actual episodes of The French Chef and getting a little bored. I am more amused to watch Ina Garten who is now my favorite chef over Giada. I can watch that lady cook every day! Now only if my DVR will function properly today so I can get in some good Barefoot Contessa today...


No comments: