Thursday, August 16, 2012

Can it be Fall already!!??!

The weather these days is so hot!! Being pregnant is not helping my situation either. I get hot at the snap of a finger! One flight of stairs and I am huffing and puffing. (sounds kinda like heart failure actually...hmmm) Well anyways...I can do the stationary bike and I can walk for an hour just fine so I imagine I am ok. I was vacuuming this morning and I broke out into a serious sweat! I was quite satisfying when I looked at the full canister at the end of it though...the damn dog are shedding like crazy! I wish it was 65 degrees right now. I sometimes wish that I got pregnant in May or something so it would be January right now. But my parents tell me that it's better this way because it will be better for the baby to be born in the fall since it won't have issues with the heat. But what about me!!??? Sigh. I am officially 32 weeks pregnant. The baby is supposed to be a little under 4 lbs and apparently the size of a jicama or a pineapple. The baby is kicking a lot these days. It practices its karate moves on me. My mom saw the baby move this past weekend and she told me that it has to be a boy. She told my dad later that day that she saw my belly jiggle because the baby kicked so hard. haha.

My mom is very worried about my swollen feet. She stands there and gives me the look of worry. I can feel her worrisome eyes pierce the back of my head as I stand to walk to the bathroom. I told her that I can sense her looking at me with pity. I actually cut my stay at home short so I wouldn't be there for her to look at and worry over. But alas...she is a clever woman who will still figure out a way to worry about me. She called me 4 times in a row while I was eating dinner the other night and then had my dad call me as well. I told her that the swelling has gone down a little and then she started to give me a list of foods that I should be eating, including tomatoes, carrots, and something that I can only translate into english as "elderly pumpkin". I told her that I would try those things and I left her feeling a little bit better. But I'm sure I will get more worried calls in the next few days. I love you mommy!!!

Yesterday I went to go get some Hawaiian Shave Ice with Stephanie over in the Scripps Poway area. Now that I think about it, I should have taken a picture of it like every other person who writes on a blog. Imagine an 8 oz cup/bowl with a scoop of ice cream at the bottom and a HUGE mound of shaved ice on top of it. Drizzle on your favorite syrup and you have Hawaiian Shaved Ice. It was a very nice way to cool off. Too bad it only lasted like 10 minutes. The ice is so soft that you end up eating it faster than you think you can. Next time I will get the 16 oz.

Today is my monthly OB appointment. Brian will be joining me today. He actually woke up early today to get to work early. I thought it was so cute that he set his alarm to 6:10 am!!! Unthinkable!!! But he ended up waking up close to 6:45 am...haha. But still! He tried...and I appreciate it. After today's appointment, I am going to have to see my OBGYN every two weeks. I have a lot of questions to ask her. I am most worried about my blood pressure and the swelling that I have in my hands and feet. I also worry about gestational diabetes. I got the okay that I don't have it when I was around 24 weeks along, but I've grown so big in the last few months that I don't know. Hopefully all will go well today.

1 comment:

Carol said...

It's getting closer and closer to baby time! I'm glad I have your blog to keep up with all the news... even though I know you're just one phone call away. I still enjoy reading how your days are going. What is this "elderly pumpkin" they speak of? ho bak? Sorry to hear about the stretch marks, but you know almost every mommy has them. think of them as supermom stripes! wear them proudly :)