Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Spumoni !!!

Hello again!
I told myself that I was going to make a habit out of blogging....but apparently it's not catching on. I had a good weekend though. I went to SD as usual. I'll post a snippet of my email to my girls for laziness-sake:


So, I went to SD as usual this weekend. It was quite rainy on Friday on my way down to SD. I actually saw a really bad accident over in no-man's-land before you hit the border patrol on the 5. It was raining and very windy and I was trying to drive as carefully as I could. Well, I had just finished listening to a classical version of a Christmas carol and was getting ready for the next holiday-filled song....when....I see a car in the #1 lane on the other side of the freeway. Now...when you look at oncoming cars...you see white, yellow, and the occasional blinding blue. However, I saw...Red! I'm thinking to myself..."Uhhhh...I shouldn't be seeing red..." and in the next 2 seconds, the car smashes into the railing dividing the highway. I heard and felt the car's impact with the railing. I also felt debris on the left side of my car that scared me even more. I was SO afraid that the car was going to go through the rail and hit me. But I was ok. whew... but I couldn't close my mouth for the next two minutes. All the other cars started to drive reeeeally slowly. I should have called 911, but it didn't dawn on me because it didn't happen to me. I should have though now that I think about it....

So people...drive safe out there.

In other news.... Brian and I went and ate at Buca and had yummy pasta and yummy cake with Spumoni...but I don't really like spumoni. Very patriotic though.

I put up my Christmas tree last night. It looks decent. I couldn't find my ornaments so I wasn't able to decorate it to its full beauty. I took a picture though. I'll put it up later tonight. It's cold...I'm gonna drink my tea now.

No comments: