Thursday, September 09, 2010

out like a light

I had clinical lab all day yesterday...close to a 12 hour day. We learned a whole bunch of things, but most importantly, we learned how to start an IV. We practiced on dummy hands and arms, so it wasn't as scary as it is gonna be when we are at the actual facility, but I at least got the hang of the whole procedure. Last night after class, I headed straight to California Thai Cafe to get some yummy takeout. I ordered Tom Kha Gai soup and some pad thai. I came home, sat myself in front of some good Korean Variety Entertainment and enjoyed my dinner. Brian came home from his golf lesson close to 9:00 pm and the first thing I did was look and feel for his veins. It freaked him out a little and he yelled "bad touch!!" In any case, he has very nice and BIG veins. We have our testing next week so I will have to continually practice...(pretend practice) Sigh...I hope I get this.

Anywhoo, around 9:30 I lay down on the bed to review my lab skills and the next thing I know, it's 12:40 am!! Brian said I looked "cute" sleeping so he took a picture with his phone...I will delete this picture. It was not a flattering picture. 

Well I am pretty wide awake, so I will begin reading. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like how you used snoopy to paint a picture of how you were feeling. lovely illustration!