Saturday, June 16, 2012

....and one more wedding!

Brian and I went to a friend's wedding today. This wedding marks #3 this month! But this one was different since I wasn't part of the wedding party. It was just a little more relaxing not being part of the wedding spotlight. The wedding ceremony was at the Palisades Presbyterian Church and the reception was at the Seaside Room over in Marina Village by the Sea World area. During cocktail hour, the boys and I found a good spot by the door so we could catch the servers as they brought out the hors d'oeuvres. The second a server came out the door, Brian would say, "Hey! Whatcha got there?!!" and that was our que to grab whatever was on the plate.

The dinner was a buffet-style which was alright...besides the waiting we had to do before we could get in line to grab the food. We anticipated leaving the wedding around 10 or 11 pm, but the crowd at the wedding was more family than friends so we decided to leave early...around 8pm. We didn't even stay for the cake!! But I have some red velvet cake from Sorrento European Bakery that I bought this morning along with 6 Banh Mi!! I looooove Banh Mi!! I love it especially with red and yellow baby bell peppers. We had some for lunch along with a cup of strawberry and banana smoothie. Stompie was probably very happy with my selection for lunch....quite healthy. Well, I felt bad because yesterday night, my dinner consisted of mini corn dogs and popcorn with soda. We watched Prometheus at 9 pm so decided to enjoy some junk food. Halfway through enjoying the corndogs, I realized that hotdog sausages were one of the foods that I put on my "Foods to Avoid" list. It was good though. Sorry Stompie...mommy will try harder to eat healthier for you.

Back to the wedding...I usually don't have many complaints when I go to weddings...but at this wedding, I actually had several. Well first of all, the reception did not have assigned seating. I did not like this because we had to search for a table that had 6 empty spots. We eventually found a spot, but I did not like having to look for a seat. Second, the roof at the reception started to leak! Brian told me that the water was from the condensation from the AC system...which by the way, wasn't working because it was a bit warm in there. Third, was one that I mentioned already...the buffet line. We were told when we could go up to get our food and this would be okay, but we ended up waiting a good 45 minutes before we were allowed to get some food. I know this would NOT fly well if it was a group of older Korean folks. Finally, when Brian went to the bar to ask for some wine glasses, the guy gave him a stack of USED plastic cups with wine stains on the rims of the cups from when other people drank from it!!! That was it. What kind of place WASHES their disposable pastic cups and gives it to their guests!?!?! Ridiculous. What's worse is that when Brian brought the cups back to the guy behind the bar, the guy's reply was, "It's just wine." Ugh!! Who hired these people?!

Anyways, that's enough venting for one day. Now for some good quality time staring at my belly.... hehehe.

No comments: