Friday, June 01, 2012

Sheila's Wedding Rehearsal

Chicken with Parmesan Risotto
Yesterday was Sheila's wedding rehearsal and dinner. I unfortunately only have this picture to show for our day. I realize that I should maybe start taking more pictures. I was actually a little wary that I would somehow get on that website, "Asians taking pictures of food". But in any case, this was a very tasty dinner. The risotto was creamy and had a wonderful infusion of parmesan without it tasting too greasy. The chicken was moist and crispy at the same time. It was all very good. Sheila is to be married in Laguna beach at a place called Tivoli Terrace. It's a show theater that is used on the side as a wedding venue. I will definitely post pictures of that day and post them for you to see.


The interesting thing about this wedding will be that although I am a part of the wedding party, I am actually going to be standing on the groom's side. With the pregnancy and my body getting bigger, I could not even zip up my dress halfway. Something had to be done, and Sheila decided quickly that I would instead be on the groom's side. She fortunately already had a girl on the groom's side so it was an easy switch. But it will definitely be weird standing with the groomsmen instead of the bridesmaids during the wedding ceremony. I also will be getting a boutonniere instead of a bouquet. I'd been practicing my standing with a bouquet so I am not sure what I will do with my hands.


I also realized yesterday that Laguna Beach is a really nice place to spend the day. Highway 1 was absolutely full of wonderful and cute little shops that I would LOVE to take a day to just stroll along. It would be a great place to have a first date. I will definitely try and go one of these days with Brian...hopefully before the baby comes. I saw a place where we could make our own t-shirt prints that I want to try out. But one thing I didn't like about that place was the traffic. So many people come here that massive traffic jams are bound to happen. It took me 35-40 minutes to travel 9 miles on that road! But still...I think it's worth it. 

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hmm that's interesting. Is that a common thing? I'm sure you will rock that boutonniere! <3