Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Weekday morning






The morning started off quite busy for me. I went to the doctor's office for my Glucose Tolerance Test that took 2 hours. I fasted the night before and went into the office to get my blood drawn. Then, the lab tech gave me a bottle of an orange colored juice for me to drink. It tasted like super sweet fruit punch. I made a face when I realized how sweet it was and the lab tech acknowledged that it was indeed quite a sweet drink. It took me about a minute to drink it all, but I did and then I went back to the waiting room to wait for an hour. Around 9 am, they called me for my second blood draw. Then it was back again to the waiting room for another hour. But instead of waiting in the waiting room, I decided to get a car wash. It took me only 5 minutes to drive to the car wash in PQ so I figured that the actual car wash wouldn't take more than 30 minutes. Well, they must have put a lot of extra attention to my car because it took just about an hour for them to be done. I rushed into my car and raced back to the doctor's office and as I opened the door, the receptionist recognized me and told me that the lab tech had been waiting for me. I was about 10 minutes late. The lab tech told me that he was yelling for me in the waiting room like I was a celebrity! He continued to describe a scene from A Streetcar Name Desire and yelled, "Ciiiiiindy!!!!" haha. He said he was just about to give me a call to see if I was okay. I was glad that those guys have a good sense of humor. I apologized, but they said it wasn't a big deal.

Brian came home for a little bit and I watched him care for his lawn. He loves his lawn so much. I just wish the dogs wouldn't dig. Many of our plums are also fully grown! The only bad part is that they get regularly pecked by the birds in the neighborhood. I have found several with holes on the sides of them...bummer. Today marks the last day of my weekday-weekend. I go back to work for two more days and then....3 day weekend!! w00t!!! Too bad I have the sniffles. It feels like my head if full of snot. I wanna blow it out, but I think my brain will come out with it...so I will just wait.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a funny guy! Ciiiiindy! I haven't seen Streetcar Named Desire, but now I wish I did! Brian does love his lawn... those doggies have been digging quite a lot I see :( Maybe he should put a fence around it until those patches grow back.