Saturday, June 23, 2012

My attempt at French Toast

Made some french toast this morning! I saw that my sister made some french toast that looks a lot more delicious than these and I figured I would make some since I had some leftover sourdough bread. Not the best lighting but whatever,....I was hungry! I didn't have time to sit there and get better lighting so I could take a pretty picture of my food. It was quite yummy but I think two slices was a bit much for me. I ate my breakfast in the living room watching "That Thing You Do". I think for one year, sometime during my teen years, that movie played on HBO or Cinemax just about every week. Thanks to that, I probably have watched that movie at least 10 times. Anyways, I love the end when the guy who had always loved the girl finally confesses to her that he loves her with a kiss as she is waiting for a cab to go back to her hometown. After the kiss, they walk arm in arm back into the hotel, staring lovingly into each other's eyes. <3

I will savor this weekend the best I can. This first week at work for me has been exciting, nerve-wracking, tiring, and sometimes frustrating. But now I am going to spend the next three days doing nothing but relaxing and resting. For me too, but mostly for the baby. Poor thing has been going around the hospital as mommy runs from here to there, helping people. I feel Stompie kicking a lot these days and to be honest, it is actually quite comforting knowing that I have someone with me even through all the chaos at work. I have Stompie to remind me of what is important in life...to sit down and take a break and remember to eat and take care of myself instead of trying to please everyone else.

I am hoping to go get some dim sum today...maybe tomorow since I already ate my breakfast. We'll see.

No comments: