Monday, June 25, 2012

A Quick Visit Home


Picture of Carol's Bridesmaid Bouquet hanging over the living room calendar
Decided to go see my parents on Sunday since I have Monday off. It was quite the drive up to LA but it was worth it. I got to eat a nice dinner with my mom and dad. I also used my time on the road listening to Fifty Shades of Grey. I think I've gotten through about 6 chapters of the book so far. It's pretty interesting, but the lady who does the narration for the audiobook also does the male voice as well. It's really hard to visualize a hot man when his voice sounds like a woman's voice trying to sound like a man's voice. Anywhoo...I am looking forward to my drive home to find out what happens to Anna Steele and Christian Grey. I'm going to go get some lunch with Dad today and then head home. Dad is really happy that I am pregnant and he told me that while I am pregnant, he is going to treat me to all the yummy food that I want. How cute. I also am planning on buying some protein powder at the Korean market. I've been drinking the protein powder that Carol had left me with (Thanks Carol!) and I really like how it keeps me full longer in the mornings when things at work can be quite hectic.
Stompie is doing well. Stompie is kicking and punching and rolling around like a happy baby. Ooo! Just felt a kick!

So I've been watching Maury and Jerry Springer this morning and the theme of both episodes were paternity tests. A teen mom comes on stage to say that she doesn't know who the father of her child is. She has slept with three men and they are also on stage, waiting to hear if they are the father of the child. All the men are refusing to accept that this child could be theirs, saying "It's not mine! It's not mine!!" One man is the father and once revealed, all hell breaks loose. The woman wants her current boyfriend to be the father, but that is not always the case. Watching shows like this makes me so happy that I am not in any situation like this. It's entertaining to watch to say the least, but the reality of their situations makes me a bit sad. Poor kid...what a horrible thing to know that your dad doesn't want to be your dad. sigh...enough of this!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey that's the bouquet i left to dry at mom's :) glad you got to spend quality fam time.